I have wanted to cook a casserole for some time now, but hadn’t had the courage to attempt it in case it didn’t taste right. This evening, I took the plunge and made one. It was a huge success. It was lovely! It was so nice, I thought I would share my recipe.
- Cubed beef 485g (160kcal per 100g)
- Casserole Vegetables 450g (120kcal per bag)
- Potatoes 2kg (72kcal per 100g)
- Knorr beef stock pot gel 2 (6kcal per 100ml prepared)
- 1 Onion
- Chopped garlic
- Black pepper
- Fry and part cook the cubed beef. Once half cooked, place in a large casserole dish or 5-litre pot.
- Chop an entire onion and fry until it starts to brown, then place in pot with cubed beef.
- Add 1 and half pints of water to beef and onion.
- Add casserole vegetables to pot and bring to the boil.
- Add 2 Knorr beef stock gels to the pot
- Mix and turn heat down and simmer for approximately 2 hours.
- Peel and chop potatoes to required roast potato size and place in a steamer for 1 hour.
- Prepare a large oven dish with a splash of oil and place steamed potatoes into dish and season with chopped garlic, salt, pepper, basil and rosemary as required.
- Place in oven for approximately 1 hour on gas mark 8 or equivalent.
- After 45 minutes, turn potatoes and place back in oven for remainder of time.
- Once potatoes are cooked, the casserole should be ready. Serve immediately!
Serves – 3 with left overs!
Calories per portion – 560