I managed to finally create an account on MyCrysis.com and play the game. My system doesn’t exactly match up to the game developers requirements ( I will list them below ), but it plays like a dream. The specifications are much higher than Crysis 1 and that doesn’t play too well on my PC so I wasn’t hoping for much with Crysis 2.
My system specifications
- OS : Windows XP
- Processor : AMD Athlon 5600+ x2 @ 2.8ghz
- Memory : 3.25GB
- Video Card : Asus Nvidia 8800GT 256mb
- Hard Disk : I have plenty, not to worry there!
- Sound : Onboard
- DirectX : 9.0c
Crysis 2 System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz (SUBJECT TO CHANGE), or better
- Memory: 2GB
- Hard Disk Space: 9Gb (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Video Card: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM or better, ATI 3850HD (SUBJECT TO CHANGE) with 512Mb RAM or better
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX®: 9.0c
When game developers give out system requirements to the public, they don’t tend to state whether they are minimum or recommended. As this is not stated with Crysis 2′s requirements, I will assume they mean minimum requirements. If this is the case, then my system doesnt make the cut what so ever! As you can see, I have an old system, but I would call it an average system, but is rapidly becoming unable to play the latest games.
As I stated above, even though I don’t exactly make the cut, the game plays beautifully. I average around 50 – 60 frames per second, which is pretty damn good for a game thats not even released yet!
There are a few bugs / annoyances that I have noted how ever,
- Random bug where your stuck in the lobby waiting for the game to start when the counter has finished.
- No way to toggle on or off the zoom – it’s either on or off depending if your holding down the button or not!
- Advertising on server joining.
- Need separate buttons for slide and crouch!
Aside from those few bugs / annoyances, this is a brilliant game. I already love it. It plays really well on my system and I will definitely be buying it when its released on steam! Which incidentally is the 25th March. Oh, if you prepurchase it on Steam before its released, then you will recieve a free upgrade to the limited edition!
Steam link : http://store.steampowered.com/app/99830/
Available: 25 March 2011